Wednesday 9 March 2011

Take 2 - My environment

Hello again, and time for take 2, another atempt at creating a displace map, this time though, I was actualy trying and the first difference you will see is that it looks plain and smooth, this was to get the terrain right, putting white right next to black creates a cliff and is hard to texture.


As you can see above I have used PhotoShop to blur the displace map too give me a smother and less pointy terrain, as last time I ended up with points sticking out because there was little bits of white everywhere, and as I now know the lighter the contrast the higher it becomes when used as a displace map in 3DS Max.Now I thought I would try texturing it bit by bit to have a chance to import and have a look before I continued, so I could quickly adjust things as I went along.
My final texture looks very simular to my last one, but I added a better noise and changed the colours slightly to aplease my speifcations, although I did decide to make a simular texture to my last one rather than follow my orginal plans.This the final render using the above texture and displace map, a lot better than before, but I believe I can do better..I hope

No comments:

Post a Comment