Wednesday 9 March 2011

Take 3 - My environment

This is my final (I think) displace map and texture, there has been a lot of editing to my previous most of which you wont notice.


What I have changed with this displace map is the pathway through my environment, before I was going to have the pathway go from one end to another, but decided that I would have it end on top of my mountain, and from the last attempt I found blurring or liquidising areas of black and white produced good mountainous terrain, so I used more of it. The boarder of black on the above is to give a falloff so it looks better from afar while in the environment.
This is my texture for the displace map and the only real difference is that I put an overlay on the grass to give it a darker yet mossy look so it fit with the rest of the landscape.
The final render does look, darker but that is because ray trace shadows and lighting are in the environment, as I was planning on creating a light source in the form of a sun,,and that went terribly wrong....
Although I did think of some place names, (it took longer to think up names than it did to design the environment) the world that my environment is in is called "Laeya" and the actual environment is called "Temeiz", I think these names are original but I'm not sure?

No comments:

Post a Comment