Friday 18 March 2011

My Babies

As a team we had to decide on who would create what promotional things, I was chosen to create the poster and box art for our game, others where chosen to do T-Shirt and Mug design, splash screen for the trailer, etc. And first I had to create a logo for our game and at first I thought just the title with some smudging would be enough, but in the end I designed a little image to represent the game it is a train going through a portal.
Above are just our logos with Japanese and Russian translations of our title for no reason whatsoever, I don't even know if it is correct as I used a translator, I don't speak Russian or Japanese

My first baby is the promotional poster, after researching other posters for game releases, I found them to be incredibly simple, and so I used a render of our portal, courtesy of Luke who made it, and the iconic words of the gaming industry "Coming Soon", I also added logos to add realism to the poster. I found most posters to be black and because our game has a dark setting I chose to use black as the background and inverted our game logo to white.
The one I'm most proud of is the box art, it did take a while to complete, as I was waiting for screenshots from my team members to put on the back cover. I would like to stress that every image is originally made by me or either my team, the bar code, ESRB logos and PC DVD-ROM are the only images that where not created by us. The brushes used in Photoshop where a Crack, Decay and Trainline, for the background, The system requirement information are copied from "Devil May Cry 4", to add realism, all other information was originally written by me.


Here is my beauty on display, there are changes that I would make, I would lower both the ESRB and Intellectual Arcade logos on the front, and change the front text under our game logo to make it clearly visible.



I might also add that because on the poster, I advertised the "Games for Windows" logo, I might also add that to the cover instead of the current PC DVD-ROM logo.

No comments:

Post a Comment