Monday 11 April 2011

Take 10 - My environment

Hello there I'm back doing my enviorment for my final project, and today I didn't make trees.

It would be a lie to say I created the trees, because I didn't there inbuilt models in 3DS Max and I didn't see the point in making my own when these ones are staring me in the face. by going to the create tab on the menu in 3DS Max and then "Geometry>ACE Extended>Foliage", it enabled me to create a tree or foliage as they call it from a selection.
After scaling the tree I wanted to fit into my environment, but because my environment is a fantasy themed one I didn't want the default texture I wanted a weird yet wonderful fantasy themed tree, I then accidentally moved my environment map on the tree instead of another texture I had previously created, and above is the result. I kind of liked it and decided to keep it.Here is part of my environment with some more foliage to give it a more realistic look, sort of?

No comments:

Post a Comment