Monday 10 January 2011

Unit 4 reflection

Unit 4 is our main unit for the second year of our course as it can be integrated with other units to form a bigger project.
Unit 4 focuses on working in a team and to make sure our classes talent was evenly divided our teacher organised the groups, the first task we had to do as a group was to have a team meeting where we divided job roles between members focusing on our strengths and weaknesses, and we also nominated the team leader. After our first meeting we would have one meeting every two weeks to plan and organise ideas as well as assign work to members. As individuals we all created logos and decided on team names and then later voted on them to decide which would represent our company. The winning team name was Intellectual Arcade and the winning logo was .....This isn't the final edited version but it will look like this too contradict the team name for comedic affect.

Our next meeting allowed us to plan for our project and therefore come to a decision on what we would be individually creating for the project, the project is the completion of a game trailer with individual environments totaling at least 5 minutes. As explained in previous posts I was to create a fantasy themed environment based on Final Fantasy, and each member will also create there own environment to facilitate our needs.

This is not the first time I have worked in a team but it is the first time I haven't had a chance to pick who I work with, although everyone in our class are good friends and therefore I quickly adapted to working with them. While working in teams I found that coming up with ideas is easier and improving aspects of my work was done thanks too my teams criticism. Although I do agree ideas can be changed or dismissed in a team that you personally find interesting, but all I do is remember that working as a team requires us agree, so that professional standards can be met and to keep, and/or to prevent team members going off in a tangent. Another good reason I found while working was that we help each other on our individual work for example; I textured one of my team members building while he helped me by creating animated sand for my environment.

As we have meetings it becomes easier to manage time although most of the individual models take too much time to create than planned so the work load is brought home, but some of us don't have the required software so extra time is put in after college;

but that doesn't seem to be affecting our work load too badly. We are progressing well and are on target but because of bad weather there has been absences, I personally have started creating individual buildings for my deserted city with in the environment, and have already started on a mountainous environment where I will place other buildings.

In our next team meeting we will work out a financial budget and find out our final deadline for the completion of our trailer. Our team will also decide a name for our game, as well as a back story and basic narrative.

No comments:

Post a Comment