Thursday 21 October 2010

Genre/Theme choices

The idea for what we wanted as a team where different from each other, but then I came up with a great idea, we would somehow use all our ideas and merge them into one trailer. Because Luke our modeler already had started work on a train, I was inspired by Back to the future III and the idea of using a train to jump through a variety of environments.
And borrowing the technology of Stargate, we will use something with similar design to transport our train.
The worlds we would have would include an American western, Futuristic Metropolis and a Fantasy World. the worlds would only have the train track and portal in common the rest would be completely original, because of this turn of events out game trailer will have a lot off genres the main one being a Fantasy.

I personally was inspired to do a fantasy world from the game franchise Final Fantasy. I wish to create an extremely complicated environment that is like maze as I wanted something that stands out.
The thunder plains environment from Final Fantasy X has some features I would want for my environment such as fog and the natural lighting rods. I will build these myself in max although I am worried how much time it will take to render if I choose to put in lighting as well as fog.







No comments:

Post a Comment