Thursday 18 March 2010

Developing ideas

This was my first go at making a spaceship it was suppose to be similar to Naboo fighter of star wars I picked this idea to model because it was easy to design. Using basic 3d objects I constructed the model and finished by turning the 3d models into Editable Mesh’s and Extruding them to get the right shape. I also had a go at texturing, and instead of texturing a single object I learnt how to select and texture areas. I imported textures from the Internet as bitmap textures and dragged and dropped them through 3Ds Max texture menu.


My second design of a spaceship was completely accidental I started off with a 20 segmented sphere and I then began to Extrude the sphere until it began to take shape, I then instant copied the model and attached both objects. On this model I placed a bend modifier on the wings.

My final design that I will animate, this was more of a complex design I created two halves and attached them together I then achieved more detail by creating extra bits such as guns, engines, etc; from 3d objects. I then went and used a bend modifier on the front of the ship to give it a unique look.

I also wanted a force field. And I created this by copying the ship and giving it a texture and then turning down the opacity and finally enlarging it I also put a lens effect on that texture using a glow.

Before the completion of my force field I created the below. I did this in the same way but the texture went on a sphere and there was also the introduction of an external power generating the force field which also has a glow lens effect.



Before the completion of my force field I created the above. I did this in the same way but the texture went on a sphere and there was also the introduction of an external power generating the force field which also has a glow lens effect.




No comments:

Post a Comment