Sunday 26 September 2010

Sky Boxes

Okay so part 2 for creating my environment included sky boxes a process which allows me to render a background from the inside of a 3D shape by flipping the normals, so basically its like a one way mirror were the texture of a 3d shape can only be seen from the inside whereas it usually is seen from the outside so an environment can be placed inside that shape so the texture is perceived as the sky or background to an environment.
Well first I redid my texture for the environment to make it look more like a golf course. Again I achieved this by using various effects in Photoshop like the noise affect.
The shape I used for my sky box was a geo sphere, this was to allow the texture I used for my environment to look more like a sky as with a pointed shape like a cube gives the sky a very unnatural look.

As you can properly see I also created a doodah, in this case being the flag. And I wanted a character, but I didn't have the time so I quickly created a slightly humanoid alien emperor with cape and slightly retarded but still official alien crown hat. I do plan on texturing him later on though.

No comments:

Post a Comment